Updated – December 2022
Department of Justice: California Asbestos Attorney Steven Kazan’s Bribery With Disgraced Former Judge Ken Kawaichi Need to Be Investigated!
How Does a Former Presiding Judge Over Steve Kazan’s Cases (Ken Kawaichi) get a position as a Trustee with multiple Asbestos Trusts where Steven Kazan is Also Fiduciary? Bribery, Fraud, and Bad Faith….Here’s how it went down behind closed doors:
- Steve Kazan to Ken Kawaichi (in 2004) – “If you rule for me on these valuable Western Asbestos/MacArthur cases, I will guarantee a position for you as a Trustee on multiple Asbestos Trusts where I serve as a Fiduciary. You will make (and can steal) millions from Asbestos Trusts. Step down from the Bench after these cases and I’ll give you a “Golden Parachute”. Here’s the Actual Case: –Judge Ken Kawaichi – Case where he was Bribed by Steven Kazan – Bad Faith – Kaminski v. Western MacArthur Co (highlighted) – And here’s More Details: Kawaichi (Kazan’s former Judge, now Asbestos Trustee) – Kazan – Insider Dealing – Bad Faith – Interested Party- Kawaichi is precluded from Asbestos Trusts
- Ken Kawaichi to Steve Kazan (in 2004) – “Deal. Just don’t tell anyone. And as long as I make at least a Million Dollars a year from Trusts, I’m in. I will rule for you on these Western cases…”
And for nearly 20 years Kazan anddisgraced former Judge Ken Kawaichi got away with it. Until the Honeywell v. NARCO Asbestos Trust Case where Ken Kawaichi, and his “licensed theft” from Asbestos Trusts was exposed! See the attached where the Bankruptcy Judge notes the excessive Misappropriation of Trust Funds by Ken Kawaichi – at least $5,000,000. Proof – Kawaichi stealing at least 5 Million Dollars from the NARCO Asbestos Settlement Trust
Steven Kazan – Corrupt Quid Pro Quo Deals With Former Judges – Asbestos Trustees
Former Judge Ken Kawaichi – Insider Dealing – Fraud – Biased rulings for Steven Kazan (Kazan McClain) – His Payoff? A job as a “Trustee” at the NARCO Settlement Trust – Over $5,000,000.00
Proof that Judge Kawaichi was bribed by Steven Kazan (and presumably Alan Brayton too!):
- Ken Kawaichi was the presiding Judge over dozens of Steven Kazan Asbestos Trials in Alameda. Dozens. This included the over $1 Billion case with Western MacArthur/Western Asbestos where EVERY Kawaichi ruling was for Kazan. See this Case: Bribery – Corrupt Ken Kawaichi – Interested Party – Relationship to Asbestos Trust Lawyers and this one Judge Ken Kawaichi – Case where he was Bribed by Steven Kazan – Bad Faith – Kaminski v. Western MacArthur Co (highlighted) Due to these ‘relationships’ with Steven Kazan, Ken Kawaichi was prohibited from serving as a Trustee on any Asbestos Trust where Kazan is a member….but what happened?
- Steve Kazan (and Alan Brayton) selected former Judge Ken Kawaichi to serve as an Asbestos “Trustee” for the NARCO Asbestos Settlement Trust and the Kaiser Aluminum Settlement Trust with a license to use Trust Funds as his personal ATM. And Ken Kawaichi did….He misappropriated at LEAST $5,000,000.00 (Million) from just the NARCO Asbestos Settlement Trust. Here’s proof: See this article: https://legalnewsline.com/stories/637458209-settlement-ends-honeywell-s-ill-fated-funding-of-asbestos-trust-company-claimed-lawyers-were-bleeding-it-dry
The King of Corruption and Bribery is none other than Asbestos Attorney Steven Kazan and Former Judge Ken Kawaichi. We now have complete proof!
We always knew Steven Kazan is a complete fraud who has bribed Judges and misappropriated over $1Billion from Asbestos Victims. And to think this sort of insider dealing, bribery and bad faith has happened at EVERY ASBESTOS TRUST where Steven Kazan is a ACC/TAC Member (at least 25 Trusts)
Here’s some examples of Steven Kazan’s Bribes with Judge Ken Kawaichi:
- Kazan has a Quid Pro Quo deal with Former Alameda Judge Hon. Ken Kawaichi. Which Judge presided over dozens and dozens of Kazan Trials in the 1980’s and 1990’s. Kazan donated to Kawaichi’s “Judges Dinners”. No doubt had a personal relationship with him. But then Kawaichi presided over Kazan’s (biggest) case versus Western Asbestos/Western McArthur. Positive rulings for Kazan’s meant hundreds of millions in Kazan’s pockets. Did Kazan get the rulings from Kawaichi (despite obvious fraud!)? Of course. Now why would Kawaichi do that? Simple – Kazan’s ‘golden parachute’ was awaiting Kawaichi. A quid pro quo (promise) from Kazan that if Kawaichi ruled for Kazan (and his buffoon partner David McClain) – Kawaichi could retire from the Bench with multiple high paying Asbestos “Trustee” positions. What happened? Kawaichi ruled for Kazan (despite obvious fraud) and retired. And what does Kawaichi do now? Makes millions of dollars as a “Trustee” for Asbestos Trusts – just as promised. See attached documents – Kazan appeared before Kawaichi and received favorable rulings in hundreds of cases – Kawaichi’s payoff? A seat on the NARCO Board of Trustees (run by Kazan) and a salary of $250,000.00 per year for life…. See attached documents as proff of their dealings – Kawaichi – Kazan – Insider Dealing – Bad Faith – Interested Party Kawaichi – Bad Faith – Kaminski v. Western MacArthur Co (highlighted) Ken Kawaichi – Interested Party – Relationship to Asbestos Trust Lawyers
- Kazan has a Quid Pro Quo deal Asbestos Trustees (former Judge Ken Kawaichi) to “Destroy” Attorney Competition or Doctors Used by Attorney Competitors. Like Tom Florence, Kazan is ‘responsible’ for appointing dozens of other Asbestos Fiduciaries. Do you think those Fiduciaries who are appointed by Kazan provide favoritism to Kazan? Definitely! Examples include Mary Ellen Nickel (DCPF Trusts), Laura Paul (Western Asbestos Trust), Bethany Recht (Many Trusts), Marla Eskin (DCPF – she’s basically Kazan’s ‘bitch’…). But it’s not just favoritism they provide. Marla Eskin banned the Mandelbrot Law Firm (without ever auditing) from ALL DCPF Trusts. Marla Eskin banned Dr. William Durham (in conjunction with Ankura – Florence) – who treated thousands of asbestos victims – from ALL DCPF Trusts. Why would they do that? Simple – More Money for the Greedy Kazan. More Money for Eskin, Paul, Nickel. Less money for victims.
Kazan and Kawaichi make Trump look like an Angel. If the Department of Justice wants to find the definition of Corruption and Bribery – Start with Steven Kazan –
Here’s More Proof of Kazan’s Long History of Corruption and Fraud at Asbestos Trusts – Check these links:
- Brayton, Kazan, McClain and Snyder Stealing 47 Million from Trust Victims
- Kazan – Fraud before House Judiciary Committee (2002)
- Honeywell v. NARCO Asbestos Trust – Attorney Steven Kazan Using Trust Funds Like a Bottomless ATM
- Proof – Kazan Reaping Billions from Trusts – Insider Dealing
- Complaint – Baird v. Kazan – Details Kazan Fraud – This Lawsuit should be in EVERY Trust Annual Report
- PPP Loan Information – Kazan and Brayton Fraud